Hello there my lovely humans!
Hope you are well and enjoying your down time. How is your self care? Self care is a survival strategy, and is so so important!
Self care can look like:
1. staying hydrated - drink 2 liters a day
2. breathing deep (check out this blog post for breathing exercises that can calm down your nervous system)
3. moving your body - walking outside, pushups, yoga, impromptu dance parties)
4. eating healthy food
6. limiting and being mindful about your social media and news consumption
7. going outside and getting Vitamin D
9. cooking with your family
10. hugging your family
11. virtually connecting with friends and family
12. being gentle with yourself, extending grace to yourself and others
13. noticing your thoughts and feelings, letting them be there, realizing you are not your thoughts
14. if the thoughts scare you, choosing a thought that feels just a little bit better
17. being the change you want to see in the world
18. loving your pets, walking your dog
Speaking of pets I made a short video giving you the most uptodate COVID-19 information I have. Give it a watch, and let me know how you are doing in the comments. Share your self care strategies!!
So much love to you all,
Dr. Sarah Wooten